Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Big 3...0

Ok, yesterday Chris came over to visit as he will be out of town on my 30th birthday this Friday. So, he and Michelle came over and we were having a good time and my alarm on my iPhone went off telling me to go get my prescriptions. So, Chris and I left to go pick it up and ran into Rob and Michelle coming in. They said that they were in the neighborhood and stopped for a quick visit. I told them I was going to be back in about 10 minutes and asked if they would still be around when I came back and they said that they would. So, Chris and I left and when we came back there were quite a few vehicles in front of the house. I began to grumble about people parking in front of the house that they were visiting (not expecting company at our house). We went inside and I saw Scott and Jeremy standing in the front hallway. At this point I was really wondering what was going on. Scott looked at me and grinned and just said, "Happy Birthday". Ok, I was surprised!


Turns out that Celena has been planning this for weeks and we had quite a crowd. We took a count and we had around 50 people over! It was so much fun to see everyone, but seeing all of our kids grow up makes me feel quite old indeed. In any case, 30 is just around the corner for me but it isn't so bad if you have a bunch of good friends and family like we do to get old with! :)



No comments: