Last night was horrible! I went to bed around 10pm as usual, but lo and behold my stomach was hurting. So, I got out of bed to get some tums and a little bubbly (sprite) and sit in the recliner to catch up on the latest episode of Sanctuary. However, Luke hasn't been feeling well and woke up coughing and was quite upset. Celena was out like a log and so I went up to rock him to sleep. While asleep I had a dream that my wedding ring was coming off my finger to awake and find it missing.....and it is now 1:30am. I slog back to bed and crash until around 7am - to go back to Luke's room as he is now awake for the day.
This afternoon he went down for a nap but had some trouble with his congestion while he was down so I went in to rock him to sleep.....and fell asleep myself. I woke up 45 minutes later a new man! wOOt!
And the morale of this story is.....enjoy it while it lasts. I know, sounds odd to those of you without kids but I didn't even lose a nights' worth of sleep but was able to hold, snuggle, and comfort Luke for several hours that I wouldn't have otherwise had and I'm thankful for it. I'm really going to miss it when he's older. Bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment