In any case, she had good reason to be excited......the present was astounding! This is what I recieved:
It's a real R2-D2 Astromech Droid!!! It has an IR sensor, voice recognition, drink holder, sonar, the works. You turn it on, say, "R2" and then one of over 50 commands (some hidden commands I found on the internet as well). This is so great! We played "light tag" where R2 counts to 10 and then roams the house looking for you. Once he finds you he shines his light on you and makes an "I won" sound; really fun. There's a dance program which Seth really likes and you can also setup a maze and manually guide R2 through it by saying commands like, "Right, one unit". It's like a really geeky version of a souped up Aibo. We all had a blast with it today; I'll put up some video soon on it. :)
So, we also went out and got an AppleTV so we can stream stuff from the computers to the TV. However, as many of you know I've never bought a TV (I won one in High School and then traded it to my brother for his larger set). Anyway, the AppleTV wouldn't connect to my TV so I went out and got a new one. I ended up with a 32" Sharp Aquos; it's wonderful @ 1080p. I set everything up and couldn't be happier:
All in all it's been a really fun day; perhaps the best birthday of the 29 I've had so far. Celena has already given up on topping this next year, but I think she can do it. There's always Hawaii........
No comments:
Post a Comment