Friday, April 18, 2008

Crutches

imagesWow, it's been forever since I've used crutches yet here I find myself in need of their assistance again. I was rushing Seth to the bathroom yesterday at Lowe's (we were picking up some bird feeders) and I slipped in the bathroom getting some paper towels. Boy did that hurt!! In any case, I ended up going to the doctor and they took some X-Rays. Seems like there is no break but likely a fracture or two. So, I'm on crutches and I.C.E. (Ice, Compression, Elevation) for awhile (oh, and loads of Ibuprofen).



I'm a horrible patient and am probably driving my wife crazy. I am one of those people who hate to be waited on and need to do everything by myself. She wanted me to play Nintendo with Seth and when I turned around with the Wiimotes hanging out of my mouth hobbling to the couch she was none too pleased. In any case, I just really don't like people waiting on me, especially when they have other things to do. But, I do know that when she is hurt I like to wait on her so understand where she's coming from. So, I've resigned to the fact that she is going to wait on me somewhat. I've also learned that Seth really likes to get me stuff too. I never realized that he has a great heart and really wants to help out whenever he can! He'll get my shoes, crutches, anything I need; it's very nice. Even Luke brought me my keys this morning!



No comments: