Today I was the Assistant Coach for Seth's soccer team, it was so much fun!! I learned all the boy's names and had a great time teaching them to dribble and shoot. Ball control was something else we worked on with a game called "Alligator Pit". I was the swamp monster in the middle that tried to get their ball when they crossed; it was great fun. Luke and Celena stayed home and played games and just hung out - it worked out nicely as I could completely devote my time at the practice to playing with Seth. Also, Celena was able to give all her attention to Luke so everyone was happy.
My ankle is healing up nicely; one perk is that I have a landscaper cutting my grass at the moment......I could get used to this! I get to stay inside and play games and throw the ball with Luke. He was really chatty this morning, spitting out about 4 more words that Celena hasn't heard him say yet: fish, fire (complete with sound effects), kitty cat (with a really cute meow), and balloon (we've heard this one before). His vocabulary is growing each day and he seems to be learning quite a bit from us all.
That's all for now, later!
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Assistant Coach
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment